Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sibling Love

This morning, we're getting ready to leave. I had to go to work & we were meeting my Dad & Karen so they could watch the kids today. Dad & Karen have a room upstairs (more for Andrew & Liam now, and eventually Evie) which has bunk beds, toys & a little TV. The boys LOVE to play up in 'their' room. So, this morning when we were leaving Andrew was asking if Liam was going with them, so he'd have someone to play with up there. Liam was not. Andrew thinks for a moment....

"Can Evie play up there with me?"

me: "not unless there's someone up there with her" (there are 2 sets of steep stairs)
Andrew: "I'll be up there!"
me: "an adult needs to be upstairs to keep her safe"
Andrew: (in the most sincere & loving tone) "I will try my hardest and do my best to keep her safe and protect her so she won't go down the stairs. I can do it, I know I can!"

Such a good & loving big brother!!!! :) :) :) I hope it stays that way!!

No comments: