Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Evie!!

My dearest baby Evelyn Jean,

I can’t believe a year has gone by since the words ‘It’s a Girl’ brought tears of joy to my eyes and forever changed my world!
We brought you home and you cried all the time, but Three little birds (last play count 304), a tight swaddle and bouncing helped calm you down.
You loved laying with Andrew and being held close, except when you didn’t and you sure let us know! (We learned quickly to undress you & leave you alone!)
You have always loved baths – you’d fall asleep while I washed you! You hate tight clothes & shoes (though they’re yummy to eat!), so I keep you in dresses, tank tops, leggings and bare feet.
You are stubborn and strong and know what you want, and I promise to do EVERYTHING I can to protect those core traits to give you the tools you need to go far!
You are happy as long as the day goes your way, and you have a whole houseful of people trained to make sure that happens!
You love music and dancing – your current favorites are Itsy Bitsy Spider, Delilah, and Beautiful Girls – basically anything that has a consistent and predictable beat!
I love your laugh, your ‘look’, your hugs and snuggles, and I’m SO proud to know your recipe.
You are the most amazing little girl, you taught me the infinite capacity of my own heart, you taught me how to ask for advice (and how to listen!) and you are more than I ever could have asked for.

And now you’re my whole life, now you’re my whole world…we’ve come so far since that day…and I thought I loved you then!

No comments: